Wondering where to buy Castor Oil in Canada? You’re not alone! Castor oil is very popular among the Canadian population. It is an all-time multi-purpose oil extracted from castor beans. It’s been used for thousands of years for various purposes.
From its use in skincare products to being used as a laxative and hair care constituent, castor oil is commonly used in the health and skincare industry. Are you looking for the best castor oil to buy in Canada?
This guide highlights some of the best products on the market. It also gives you an insight into things to put into consideration before purchasing castor oil. Let’s get started!
Factors to consider when buying castor oil
Can you distinguish genuine castor oil from an adulterated one? Do you know the type to opt for? Below are some things to consider before making a purchasing decision.
Type of Castor oil
There are 3 major types of castor oil-based on their extraction methods, colour, and use.
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil: In extracting Jamaican black castor oil, the castor seed is roasted, pulverized and boiled. After slow-boiling for a while, the crushed seed is cold-pressed to produce a distinct black or thick, dark brown oil. Jamaican black castor oil is considered pure, with high nutritional and alkalinity value. It has numerous health benefits.
- Organic Cold-Pressed Castor Oil: The oil is extracted from castor seed under high pressure. Cold-pressed castor oil is light yellow, thinner and cleaner than Jamaican black castor oil. Due to its hydrating, softening and relaxing properties, cold-pressed castor oil is considered the best among other types. It contains many nutritional constituents; hence it’s used in skincare and health-related products.
- Hydrogenated Castor Oil: Also known as castor wax, hydrogenated castor oil is a clear yellow liquid at room temperature. This type of castor oil is derived from the hydrogenation of pure castor oil using a nickel catalyst. Hydrogenated castor oil is odourless and insoluble in water. Its use is seen in cosmetics, polishes and varnishes.
If you’re thinking of getting castor oil, you need to consider the purity of each type of castor oil. Pure castor oil doesn’t contain artificial substances like alcohol, fragrances, etc. Always look out for the pure option if you intend to use it on your skin.
Another factor to consider before purchasing castor oil is the grade. The highest-quality castor oil is AA Standard grade which denotes an organic product.
Castor oil that is certified organic grows in a natural environment without using fertilizers or growth enhancers.
Industrial grade castor oil is of low quality compared to AA Standard grade. In your search for the best castor oil, opt for USDA certified product.
Check if there is hexane in the castor oil before making a purchasing decision. Hexane is a chemical solvent used in extracting castor oil from plant seeds.
While this solvent aid the extraction process, it affects the overall quality of the oil by altering the product’s chemical composition. Choose hexane-free castor oil.
Purchase product from authorized sellers
Buy castor oil from certified sellers such as pharmacies and health stores. Are you buying from an online store? Ensure it’s a reputable one like the e-commerce site Amazon. You can also look up online reviews of products before buying.
High-quality castor oil possesses a thick, yellow texture and nutty smell.
10 Best Castor Oil to Buy in Canada
1. PURA D’OR Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Extracted from the highest-quality castor beans, PURA D’OR Jamaican Black Castor Oil revitalizes and rejuvenates dry and dull skin.
It also nourishes the hair and eyelashes, giving you that youthful, flawless look.
The castor oil contain essential fatty acids and proteins, which adds to the volume of the lashes, making them longer and fuller.
Pure organic Jamaican oil boosts hair growth and moisturizes the scalp.
- Multiple uses
- It’s a high-quality oil containing vitamin E, minerals, and omega fatty acids.
2. Ecla Organic Cold-pressed Castor Oil
This cold-pressed castor oil is USDA certified, 100% pure, and hexane-free. Suitable for all hair and skin types, Ecla organic castor oil is a natural moisturizer that helps to restore moisture to the hair and skin.
Apply oil on your eyelashes, brows, beards, and hair, and watch them become fuller, firmer, and beautiful.
Ecla castor oil doubles as a natural leave-in conditioner that can be applied directly to the hair or added to shampoo.
- High-quality oil
- Moisturizes skin and hair
3. Kate Blanc USDA Organic Castor Oil
Castor oil has a long list of benefits. Kate Blanc organic castor oil is no different. Besides promoting hair growth, it’s also suitable for eyelashes and eyebrows.
The product is packed with an eyelash and eyebrow kit for easy application. Kate Blanc castor oil reduces dandruff, treats brittle and dry hair.
Applying a small amount of this can do so many wonders to your face, skin and hair.
- It’s packaged in amber glass to prevent the penetration of UV rays.
- Boosts hair growth and treats skin defects.
4. Heritage Store Palma Christi Castor Oil
A staple in the beauty world, Heritage store offers various products, including castor oil. Are you looking for a product with all the potent benefits? This is your best fit.
The vegan formula is free of parabens, phthalates, gluten, etc. Heritage store castor oil soothes and softens the skin.
- It’s cruelty-free and gentle on the hair.
- The castor oil contains ricinoleic acid, which helps to boost skin smoothness and firmness.
5. Premium Nature Castor Oil
Ideal for all skin types, Premium Nature castor oil fades blemishes, stimulates hair growth, and nourishes your skin.
The cold-pressed oil is an excellent carrier oil for essential oils. Organic Castor oil is gentle on the skin, preventing irritations and reducing scar marks.
- It’s a natural moisturizer that hydrates the skin and hair.
- Castor oil has various multi-purpose uses.
6. Shiny Leaf Castor Oil
Though castor oil is a bit pricier, it gives you value for your money. Shiny Leaf Castor oil is organic and hexane-free, making it suitable for use on the skin and hair.
This oil reduces fine lines, wrinkles, and other skin conditions. Do you have sensitive skin? This will be a good choice for you.
- It’s of the highest quality standard.
- The cold-pressed castor oil fits all skin types; hence it’s considered safe for use.
7. Hair Thickness Maximizer Cold-Pressed Jamaican Black Castor Oil
This Jamaican black castor oil is derived from the best extraction method. It increases hair thickness and soothes the scalp.
The organic nature of the oil makes it perfect for treating dandruff and other hair issues. Hair thickness castor oil comes with a dropper cap to aid application on hair.
- It possesses premium quality.
- The black castor oil prevents thinning hair and alopecia.
8. Mary Tylor Naturals Organic Castor Oil
Hexane-free and fragrance-free best describe this product. Mary Tylor Naturals Organic Castor Oil is a great go-to for your body.
It can be used as a serum to boost the growth of eyelashes and eyebrows. Do you have a skincare routine? Add this to your beauty elixirs.
- It’s pure, all-natural and acts as a base for skin and hair care.
- The organic castor oil boosts soft, glowing skin, thus helping it retain moisture.
9. Tropic Isle Living – Jamaican Black Castor Oil
Extracted by the traditional method, this Tropic Isle Jamaican Castor Oil works as a laxative, hair conditioner, pain reliever and skincare product. The versatile oil is a must-have in homes as it has numerous benefits.
- It’s naturally formulated.
- The black castor oil provides a soothing and moisturizing effect on the skin.
10. Queen of the Thrones Organic Castor Oil
From the name, you can tell this product offers excellent benefits. The carrier oil heals, revitalizes, and rejuvenates the body.
It’s bottled in amber glass to prevent light degradation. Queen of the Thrones castor oil lowers inflammation, supports bowel movement and blood circulation.
- It offers countless solutions, from improving digestion to preventing hair loss and more.
- It has versatile applications.